History of OCEA :
OCEA was founded in 1987 by taking over "Pouvreau" (1934), one of the pioneers for aluminium shipbuilding
OCEA then structured the naval activity in Les Sables d"Olonne by progressively integrating in 1990 "Union & Travail" (1917), and "Le Bastion" in 1995 which developed our naval repairing and refitting activities.
1996 "OCEA created a second seashore production site, specializing in the construction of fast vessels.
1999 "MAG France" in Fontenay-le-Comte enabled OCEA to extend its offer (preimpregnated composite) and also to optimize its production scheme (hull preparation).
2000 "TIG", located in Guadeloupe, joined our group and illustrated our export strategy : finding the right partner abroad.
History of Tank Ends :
In 1993, following the fall in the market for fishing boats, OCEA decided to diversify and began to think about more industrialised activities. After a market study, an idea came about to manufacture tank ends for tank manufacturers. OCEA developed a system using water pressure to form the raw material. This method gives a high quality finish and there are no scratches on the material. Today we are the market leader in France for the manufacture of tank ends for non-pressurised road tankers and 50% of our products are exported all over Europe.